About the role
The Comms Team and its in-house graphic design agency – Comms Creative – has a newly-created position to help build our new video production service. We are looking for a final year student who can bring contemporary knowledge and cutting-edge skills to our team to develop high quality digital media and creative content.
You will prepare video content for digital, web and mobile platforms. You will develop content for use at events and within presentations, including embedding into other file formats, such as PowerPoint and Vision6. You will also prepare video content for company marketing purposes.
The role will be on a casual basis, initially expected to be around 12–16 hours per week. Days and times will be flexible to work around final year of study, however some weekend or out-of-hours work may be required for filming. This role has the potential to grow.
In this role you will:
- take briefs from our consultants and work collaboratively to meet job requirements
- scout locations and plan film shoots
- prepare scripts and storyboards
- undertake videography and sound recording
- undertake editing and post-production of captured and/or supplied content
- sound recording, source and overlay sound and voiceover files
- work with our broader graphic design team to develop video graphics
- develop aminated and video visual effects
- output final files.
You will work with our team of graphic designers, either from our corporate office in Newstead, or in-house with our clients.
We are looking for a bright and energetic final year student with strong skills in video post-production. You will be completing your studies in a Bachelor of Fine Arts (Film, Screen and TV), Bachelor of Creative Industries (Film and TV) or Bachelor of Communication (Digital Media).
The ideal candidate will have:
- strong skills using editing and graphics packages such as Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere Pro and After Effects) and/or Apple software (Final Cut Pro and Motion 5)
- understanding of current trends and emerging technologies and how to apply these
- creativity, attention-to-detail and ability to work to tight timeframes and deadlines
- good teamwork skills
- the ability to translate vision into reality
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Knowledge or skills in digital design, photo editing or animation would also be highly regarded, however this is not essential.
To apply, send a cover letter and portfolio/show reel to email@example.com.
Applications close Monday 8 July 2019.